Gun & Ammo Purchase
Buy a Gun Online
A guide to purchasing firearms online
This section was created to clarify a few details and help better define the process of purchasing a firearm online so you know what to expect. No matter where you live within the United States, we must ship your firearm to a Federal Firearm Licensed Dealer (FFL Dealer). Don’t forget to check all local and state laws prior to placing any order. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a handgun, stockless shotgun, complete AR or AK receiver, or stripped lower receiver. You must also be a legal resident of the state in which you wish to transfer the firearm (The only exception to this would be active duty military personnel).
** Disclaimer: Straw Purchasing is ILLEGAL and McFly Outdoors in no way condones this act. A Straw Purchase is the act of purchasing a firearm intended for another person.**
Purchasing a firearm online can be broken down in to three easy to follow steps:
1. Choose a firearm and complete your purchase
- Create an account or log in.
- Add product(s) to cart.
- Select appropriate shipping method.
ALL FIREARMS ARE TO BE SHIPPED USING THE FIREARMS SHIPPING METHOD.
(Anyone customer who doesn't select the correct shipping when buying a firearms will not receive the product until the correct shipping amount is paid.)
- Enter billing and credit card information. Please note: You must be a resident of the state in which you wish to transfer the firearm.
- Review and submit order.
2. Arrange the transfer with an FFL Dealer
- Contact the FFL dealer and let them know you would like them to receive a firearm for transfer from McFly Outdoors.
- Provide the FFL dealer with our contact information so they can send a copy of their FFL either via fax or email.
- * Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- * Phone Number: 304.452.8227
- * Fax Number: 304.452.9526
- * Email: email@example.com
- * Ask about the transfer fee. Usually FFL dealers will charge a small fee in order to take care of the background check and 4473.
3. Pick up your firearm and complete the transfer
- Watch the tracking information that we provide you. Once the order has arrived at the FFL dealer of your choosing, call your FFL for a good pickup time.
- In order for the transfer to be approved, you FFL Dealer is required to have you fill out a 4473 and pass a background check through NICS. This is the same form and background check you would complete if you purchased a firearm in any gun store. Once you pass the background check, you are free to take your firearm home!
You must be 21 years or older to order pistol ammunition and 18 years or older to order rifle ammunition. Ammo requires an adult signature at delivery. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Don’t forget that if you ever have any questions that are not covered in this section, be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.